Canadian banks have recently become a popular target for online fraud. Please consider the following when banking online:
- When logging into a bank’s website, make sure you are on the proper site.
- If you receive an email from your bank, verify that the email address is legitimate.
- Be cautions of links in emails.
- If you are ever uncertain, contact your institution to verify the request.
- Please review this article for more information:
If you feel that you have been a victim of an online scam, contact the appropriate authorities.