This week’s topic is 2-Step Verification.
It’s easier than you think for someone to steal your password
Any of these common actions could put you at risk of having your password stolen:
- Using the same password on more than one site
- Downloading software from the Internet
- Clicking on links in email messages
2-Step Verification can help keep bad guys out, even if they have your password.
As an added bonus, get a free coffee on UTS when you enable 2-Step Verification. Be fast, supplies of UTS Tim Cards are limited.
If you don’t have it set up, take the next few minutes to add one of the best defences against unauthorized email access. It’s easier than you think:
- Go to https://www.google.com/landing/2step
- Click Get Started (right top corner) and follow the instructions
- Contact Technology Services (x4342, email@example.com) with any issues
- Come get your coffee (A139)
Note: This feature requires you to use your mobile phone in order to receive codes via text, voice or app